Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Shoes

On Monday, I went to Babies R Us by myself - sans Dave and Sam. When I go to that store without Dave, I can't control my spending. In particular, I'm drawn to baby shoes. But Dave believes that babies shouldn't have shoes until they can walk. Boo-hoo.

But on this day, I couldn't control myself and I bought Sam his first pair of shoes. Dave didn't seem to mind too much because they were so cute. Plus, I argued, it would help his socks stay on....

That brings us to Wednesday. I got Sam dressed for an outing with his new shoes -- his first time in public with them on. I put him in his stroller and off we went to the library.

After browsing for some books for myself, I went to get into the elevator to go upstairs to the children's section. And that's when I noticed: One of his shoes was missing.

I retraced my steps, through the library and all the way home - TWICE. I spoke to two librarians. No shoe. I walked home, head hanging.

Dave didn't seem too mad, but I'm not sure if he'll let me get a new pair. I'm mainly upset because this was his first pair...

Thankfully, we did get some photos of him wearing the shoes before we lost one.



UPDATE: I found the shoe!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!! I went back to the library today and found it in the lost-and-found box. I looked there twice yesterday, but someone must have found it after I left.

See some bathtime photos and a video (last image is a short video): Bathtime

No comments: