Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 7: Day of Rest (Sort Of)

We had one day of doing nothing, before we head to Minneapolis tomorrow. Being not in my right mind this morning, I wandered out of the house and ran 10 miles. Haven't done that in nearly two years.

The run was to the Platteville 'M,' billed as the largest 'M' in the world. The letter, which stands for mining school, is crafted on the side of a hill overlooking the city. We went back later with Sam and climbed to the top for the view.

And then tonight, Liz and I turned Sam over to Grandma and Grandpa, and we went to see a movie, my first in 14 months. 'The Other Guys,' the latest Will Ferrell spoof, about a couple bumbling cops. And whaddaya know, they drive a Prius. Mark Wahlberg's character has a rather colorful description for the car that I won't repeat here...

No comments: