Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Day of Firsts for Sam

Today was a big day for Sam. We took him sledding for the first time. (It had been the snowiest January on record in New York City.) I'm not sure if he really enjoyed it. We took him to Owls Head Park where the hill is steep. The sledding hill was packed down, kinda icy and very bumpy. Sam and Dave took a few runs together and then Dave took a solo run. I think Sam just wanted to play in the snow. Here are the photos: Sledding After sledding, we took Sam to get his first haircut. I've been dreading this moment since Dave first suggested that it was time a few months ago. I've been in denial that my little baby would need a haircut.

We took him to the place Dave gets his haircut. It's an old school place and barber's name is Sam. Dave got his haircut first, so little Sam could see how it was done. Then it was his turn....he did so well! Not a tear was shed! The kids' chair at the barber's is a taxi cab, so he was able to sit in it and "drive" while the barber worked his magic. Sam looked very serious the whole time. And now, my little baby looks like a little boy. Photos: Sam's First HaircutDave's two-week vacation is coming to an end. He goes back to work on Feb. 1. The boys and I have had a great time with him home, and it's going to be hard to see him go back to work. But alas, I guess the bills have to get paid somehow. Anyway, here are a few photos from the past few weeks that don't fall into any one category. One of the photos is of Sam's first trip to the bowling alley. Dave took him one afternoon to bowl with one of his friends. Unfortunately, we just have one photo, but I'm sure bowling will become a more regular event. Photos: Fun With Dad

No comments: