We're battening down the hatches, so to speak, with the full effects of Irene forecast to start hitting us by daybreak Sunday. Last I checked, the forecast for New York City had been upgraded from a tropical storm to a category 1 hurricane. This will mark my first hurricane, and of course the same goes for Sam and Henry.
And for Cristina and McKenzie, who were lucky enough to be visiting on this ominous weekend. Liz is on vacation with friends in Minnesota, sending us encouragement from afar.
I stocked up on supplies at Costco this morning, and we have flashlights, coolers and extra water at the ready. We're up and away enough from the shore so that the winds and flooding shouldn't affect us directly. The greater concern is loss of power and water.
I'll post updates to the blog as long as my phone holds out. We're in good shape right now and intend to keep it that way.
And for Cristina and McKenzie, who were lucky enough to be visiting on this ominous weekend. Liz is on vacation with friends in Minnesota, sending us encouragement from afar.
I stocked up on supplies at Costco this morning, and we have flashlights, coolers and extra water at the ready. We're up and away enough from the shore so that the winds and flooding shouldn't affect us directly. The greater concern is loss of power and water.
I'll post updates to the blog as long as my phone holds out. We're in good shape right now and intend to keep it that way.
1 comment:
If you need any help, we can always send up Snickers and Emily. :) But anyway, hang in there!
Post a Comment