Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day in the city

We traveled into Manhattan on Friday to explore the Children's Museum of Manhattan, which is located on the Upper West Side. Dave had the day off because he had worked Labor Day. The boys and I don't get into the city much. Subway travel with the boys isn't easy unless Dave is their to help.

The museum has a special Curious George exhibit going on through the end of the month. Dave's friend, Keith, had given the boys a Curious George book as a gift, and Sam has been obsessed with it. There are eight stories in the book, and I think I have them all memorized by now.

Needless to say, Sam enjoyed the exhibit. He also enjoyed the water splash exhibit. That explains itself. After the museum, which did have some good stuff for Henry to explore, we ate at a diner and strolled through Central Park. I'm still amazed that I live in this city, with landmarks such as the park so near. It was a good outing.

Photos: Children's Museum

No comments: