Dave worked Memorial Day, so I took the boys to see the 145th annual Kings County Memorial Day Parade in our neighborhood. Apparently, it's the oldest continuously-run Memorial Day parade in the country. It was a perfect parade for the boys - full of bands and firetrucks. Veterans gave the boys some American flags to hold. In addition to his teddy bear, Sam now insists on sleeping with his flag.
On the Thursday after Memorial Day, Sam had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. Basically, he had a hole in his abdominal wall that he's had since birth. A pediatric urologist did the surgery at NYU Medical Center. We were there only a half day, and Sam didn't seem to be in pain at all following the surgery. He has been bouncing off the walls ever since. The hospital had a playroom where we waited before surgery and where Sam got to drive a firetruck:
On Sunday, our church hosted and celebrated the wedding of two long-time parishioners. I helped with the food service end of it. One of the wedding guests was Richard Thomas -- aka John Boy Walton from "The Waltons." I did introduce myself. He was very nice. He gave a toast. Here is the best picture I could get, and I know you can't see him well. It's the best my phone could do. He is the once in the middle at the microphone:
Here is a photo that someone else took at the wedding, and it is obvious which one he is....:





No comments:
Post a Comment