It's raining here and cold. It would be better if it were snow. At least that's pretty to look at. My birthday was uneventful. Dave and I both had to work. I had about two hours with Dave on Thursday morning before he had to leave for NYC. We went out for breakfast at Lottie's, a good breakfast joint we just discovered in South Glastonbury. I had the corned beef hash!! Dave sent a dozen red roses to me at work, and he bought me the movie and soundtrack to the 1968 Academy Award Winner Oliver! I sing the songs constantly, and Dave said he wanted to hear what they really sounded like! We plan to celebrate in better fashion this weekend. Dave is working Saturday, but I plan to take the train in a little later, hit a museum and meet up with him for dinner. Not sure where we will go, but I'm hoping for something that offers oysters!
On the moving front, we will be able to pick up the keys to our new place on Feb. 15. That's way earlier than we could ever had hoped for, so we are very excited. Please keep in mind all you blog readers that we are eager and willing to host you if you'd like to make a trip out east once we are settled in our new place. It's about a 90-minute train ride into Grand Central and only minutes from Long Island Shore.
1 comment:
This is a test.
Post a Comment