Monday, February 25, 2008

IKEA

We went to IKEA. It was a first for both of us, and frankly, we are scared to go back. We were warned by friends and co-workers that it would be daunting, especially if you went on a Saturday or Sunday. Well, we went on Sunday. People, people everywhere.

We got lost, trying to work the maze of mock homes, and we didn't really understand how it worked. We were purchasing a baker's rack and new bookcases, which were 'self-serve.'

We managed. Got what we want, only to rush out, wondering what had just happened.

Is IKEA like sex? The first time is horrible, and it only gets better? And pretty soon you can't go a few days or more than a week without it?

Please let us know. We want to go back but keep thinking of the first time.

1 comment:

Andrea Simmons said...

Hey Guys,
I just found your blog:) Yeah I'm glad I can keep up with you guys. To quote my little brother "IKEA takes a little part of your soul every time you enter." I don't think it gets better but it does get addicting. Especially when you have a new place to fill with furniture. Hope all is going well.