Friday, August 29, 2008

Conventional Wisdom

Barack Obama ruined my week. John McCain will do the same next week.

Because of the Democratic National Convention, I had to work an extra day, Monday, and wound up staying an extra hour each night, as our FOXNews.com political team relayed stories from Denver to us back at the New York newsroom. If the Democrats had scheduled their speeches an hour earlier each night, I might have gotten home on time, but no matter. It was an exciting experience. I only regret that I couldn't pay close attention to the speeches because my mind was focused on keeping our home page up to date.

Luckily, I still have this Monday off, so Liz and I can relax on Labor Day — after I attempt to compete in New Haven's annual 20k race that morning. Then it's back to convention coverage, this time with the Republicans from the Twin Cities. So hey, all you Minnesotans, if you see my colleagues Sharon, Judd, Steve, Christina or Mary Ann, tell 'em I said hi.

No comments: