The Hartford Courant launched its new redesigned, reconfigured newspaper Sunday, causing me a late night at work Saturday. Courant.com was tweak slightly, and there were a few techinical glitches getting the print edition's content onto the web.
On top of that, Paul Newman died, with news breaking Saturday. Newman lived in Connecticut, so we really pulled out all the stops in terms of coverage both in print and online.
Our weekend was one of doing errands and trying to relax. Dave and I registered to vote Monday after getting the oil changed in my car.
Dave also planned to give my car a tune up, but his toolbox, which he left unattended outside for about 10 minutes, was stolen! He's had that toolbox since his days of repairing, tinkering and fixing up his old Triumph TR6, a British sports car from the early 1970s that he eventually sold when we were living in Wausau.
I'm starting to prepare a syllabus for the class I'm teaching next year on online journalism. Dave continues to train hard for his first marathon on Nov. 2 in NYC.
Dave and I both can't wait until the election season is over!
No comments:
Post a Comment