Friday, July 4, 2008

Aunt Sabra

I had the pleasure of visiting my great aunt Sabra on Wednesday as Dave and I made the trek from Vista up to Santa Monica. Sabra Fox is my Grandma Putnam's sister who lives in Fullerton. The last time I saw her was when my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary when I was in high school.

Sabra has six children. I only remember her youngest, Theresa, because she is only four years older than I am. They visited us in Wisconsin at least once one summer when Nate and I were in elementary school.

We chatted with her and her oldest daughter, Leanne, for nearly three hours, catching up on who is doing what. I also got to see pictures of my great-grandmother that I'd never seen.

We are now in Arcadia, which is near Pasadena, visiting Dave's Aunt Ginger and Uncle Gerard, who are Dave's godparents. We drove north after visiting the great USC, Dave's alma mater. I'll let him blog on that.....

No comments: