Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Junk Yard Turtle Wax

Anyone wanna buy a 1998 Honda Civic? Pushing 200,000 but in good shape. Sad to say goodbye to my individual transport module after nearly five years, but since I've become a practicing believer in public transportation and pedal transportation, it makes less and less sense to keep the Honda.

The only legitimate reason to keep it is as a backup for Liz's car, and for spare parts, since she has the same year and model Honda. And that doesn't quite justify the $100 car tax bill (Connecticut is weird) and several hundreds spent on car insurance.

So yesterday I bought a new battery (the old one died) and stopped by the local junkyard to salvage a small passenger door panel that somehow had disappeared one night into New Haven thin air. Then I picked up some Turtle Wax for $6 at Target and spent my evening washing and polishing the body into an impressive shine.

I figure I can get about $2,000 for the thing. Enough to cover my train tickets for a few months.

No comments: