We are scheduled for an induction on Monday. We don't have a time yet. The hospital will call us Sunday night to let us know what time to come in.
There is a chance, however, that we will get bumped. The hospital might push our induction back a few hours or a day, depending on how many women they have in labor. Those in active labor obviously are the priority. (Fun fact: More women give birth in August than any other month, according to the August issue of Rachael Ray's magazine -- Rachael was born in August.)
Again, baby may surprise us and decide to come in the next four days on his own.
We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning to see how the little guy is doing.
We are anxious to say the least. Excited, too, knowing that it's a matter of days....
Friday was my last day at work, so I've been at home this whole week, trying to keep myself occupied -- this has not been easy.
I finally went out yesterday and bought a novel to read. I can't read another baby-related book. My mind can't absorb much more. Plus, I feel like I need to distract myself in order to stay calm.
It's been hot and humid, too, which hasn't helped during this waiting game. We have one a/c unit for the bedroom, but it doesn't cool down the whole apartment. I bought a new fan yesterday to circulate the air a little better in the living room.
Dave is still working, taking the train to NYC each day and hoping that I will call with news of contractions or water breaking. Unfortunately, it's usually a call from me complaining how hot it is in the apartment.
But this will all be a distant memory soon, washed over by the joy of a baby boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment