So here's the latest---
I went to the doctor this morning. They did a nonstress test to evaluate the baby's condition. He's doing fine.
The concern, however, is that he is still very high. Apparently, this wouldn't be a problem except all other signs indicate that I'm ready to give birth, i.e. I'm nearly 4 cm dilated.
Doc thinks that perhaps the baby hasn't dropped because he won't make it through the birth canal. There's a chance my pelvis won't accomodate his size -- baby is big -- likely at least 8 lbs by now and growing. (But luckily, the doc says, I'm tall and "big boned.")
Dave and I have a couple of options. The doctor said I could be induced at the end of the week -- when I'm at about 41 weeks. Or we could wait until early next week to induce. But waiting means the baby would be even larger.
Basically, it's a crap shoot on whether the baby will drop far enough for a vaginal delivery.
We are torn about what to do. I don't want to be induced nor do I want to have a c-section. Induction at about 41 weeks is something they usually don't do, so I'm surprised that the doc put it on the table.
So, that's that. The big hope is that I will go into labor naturally and baby comes out fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment